I think spring is here…maybe,
This box that we put together was an interesting one. Superior olive oil has such a giant selection it was honestly pretty hard to decide, we figured everyone would love some roasted garlic olive oil.
With Easter shutting down shipping lanes for 4 days we were a little worried about these boxes coming together on time. However, everything turned out alright and stuff arrived just in the nick of time!
Maybe i suggest a delicious Ruben Sandwich topped with Garden Pleasure’s Sauerkraut! Sautee your pastrami in a pan with a bit of the roasted garlic olive oil, and don’t forget some gooey cheese!
You could make the bread with George’s flour as well, however i would suggest cutting it as it’s a dense flour and doesn’t leaven nearly as much as normal flour.
If you’re looking for delicious sugar cookies here is a supremely good recipe!
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
Next month we’re featuring some delicious maple syrup from our friend Tim who lives in Englehart!