Kitchen Porter/Prep Cook
Permanent Full Time Position
$16-$18/hr depending on experience
Benefits and Wellness package available after probation
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a new team member with passion for food that is organized and highly detail oriented.
Has the ability to prioritize and work autonomously while being customer focused and a goal oriented team player with the ability to
perform in a fast paced environment.
· Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
· Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line cook, restaurant cook or prep cook
· Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
· Familiar with the industry’s best practices
· Food handling safety (REQUIRED)
· Smart Serve (REQUIRED)
· Drivers License (REQUIRED)
This position job typically changes daily, It includes Front of House & Delivery, Dishwasher, Cook, Bakery, and Catering.
So the below requirements are not expected daily, just the overall scope of work for this position.
· Keep store clean at all times
· Work the line and cook orders
· Prepare menu items in accordance with weekly menu breakdowns
· Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Deliver food with company vehicle
· Set up and stock all stations and maintain necessary prep
· Detailed cleaning of entire kitchen on a continual basis
· Prep food for restaurant
· Serve caterings when needed
- Wash dishes, organize and put away dishes.
· Help prep and work on location at various caterings
- Plate food in accordance with our recipe spec for photos
· Work the cash
· Answer the phone
· Take payments
· Take messages for bookings
- Answer customers questions
· Taste and try all food
Work Environment and Physical responsibilities
· Work involves continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in fast paced environment
· Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, repetitive grasping, bending and reaching
· Responsible for moving or lifting an average of 5lbs – 20lbs with a maximum weight lifted of 50lbs
· Exposure to extreme temperatures from coolers, freezers, ovens, etc.
· Safe and proper handling of sharp equipment
· Will be required to spend most of your time on your feet without breaks for long periods of time.